Powder Brows Aftercare Instructions
This is a tattoo. How you treat the procedure area over the following few weeks will ultimately determine the final appearance and longevity. Remember that there are tiny open wounds in your skin. Please follow these instructions to reduce your chances of infection and to obtain the best possible results:
- On day 1, gently cleanse and dab away any forming lymph fluid as often as necessary.
- Gently clean the procedure area morning and night by using antibacterial soap.
- Pat the clean area dry using a fresh towel.
- Apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment (this will be provided)
- Do not apply other creams and/or makeup to the procedure area until all wounds have healed completely.
- A hat should be worn during prolonged sun exposure while the procedure area heals. Once healed, sun block (SPF 60 recommended) should always be worn it increases the longevity of your tattoo.
- Flaking and crusting may occur as the skin heals. Do not pick or peel at the area it may cause loss of pigment and scarring.
- Refrain from touching your treated area, except when washing or applying aftercare ointment.
- Pools, jacuzzies, tanning, or activities that may cause excess sweating should be avoided for at least 14 days following procedure.
- Botox should be avoided at least 14 days following your procedure.
- Rinse eyes with distilled water or saline eyewash, patting around the areas with a wetted cotton pad to remove any excess ink that may remain as necessary.
- Do not apply mascara, eyelash extensions or use lash serums for at least two weeks post procedure.
- Avoid drinking hot liquids or spicy food for 2-3 days.
- Drink all liquids from a straw for 2-3 days.
- Avoid red wine until lips are fully healed.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort. For eyes and lips, swelling and bruising can occur. This is perfectly normal and should only last a few days. If either of these things extends 5 days, contact your physician.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal flacking of the skin. If there is some flacking do not pick and allow the flakes naturally to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks (4-6 weeks for lips) at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that a touch-up/adjustment can be done.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- You may shower or bathe normally. Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for at least two weeks while your procedure area heals.
- NO swimming pools, jacuzzies or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature pigment loss.
- Do NOT apply makeup to the tattooed area for the first two weeks.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum-based products while healing.
- Do NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area & surrounding for at least one month following procedure.
- DO NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.